Wednesday 5 May 2010

New PTU Collab "Rainbow Bridge"

:: RAINBOW BRIDGE (PART 2) ::

A very special kit made in collaboration with Tootypup Scraps about something very near and dear to our hearts. Losing a pet is like losing a part of yourself because they love so completely and unconditionally.


~ Message from Rainbow Bridge ~

Today I went to Rainbow Bridge
for it was time to go
But I take with me fond memories
more than some ever know

I'd had so many years on earth
yet I was truly blessed
To know a life so rich in love
and filled with happiness

You see I'd had a second chance
that was given to me
And it was then I found new hope
and a loving family

And yet it was much more than that
for it was by design
That I would bring a special gift
into their hearts from mine

Together we shared many things
walkies to the park
Lots of smells along the way
where I could leave my mark

Playing ball with daddy
when he tried to mow the lawn,
A clever dog I surely was
bringing laughter in all forms.

Then in the twilight of my years
when I relied on mum
To be there when I needed her
she did so out of love

When my legs stopped working
and I suffered my strokes,
Mummy was there to guide me
full of sacrifice and hope

She soothed me and she talked to me
as she went about her day
Singing silly nonsense songs
which I loved anyway

She'd take me out for pee pees
and always clean my mess,
Mummy was so very special
but to me she was the best!

But soon the body dwindled
and time was drawing near
When I knew I'd have to say goodbye
to those I have loved dear

I didn't want to leave them
but I knew my time had come
I'd given them my very best
and my work on earth was done

So today they granted me the wish
I had been searching for
And I looked within their tearful eyes
that I would see no more

Mummy held me long and strong
as I gently took my leave
And walked me to the Rainbow Bridge
then let me go in peace...

I know you won't forget me
just as I never will
Our memories join us heart to heart
so I'll be with you still

And whenever you feel my presence near
or hear the echo of my bark -
Just know I'm watching from the Bridge
to where I left my mark.

© Christina aka Stina
22nd September 2008
(for Sheba)


Please note this kit is Part TWO. To complete the collaboration just purchase Tootypup's part.

Here is a preview of Tootypup's part


Available in stores NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment